UCaaS: The Inner Workings
The UCaaS market is expected to grow at a 14% CAGR Forecast by 2020 according to Wise Guy Reports.Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) is the future of the communications technology industry. E...
The UCaaS market is expected to grow at a 14% CAGR Forecast by 2020 according to Wise Guy Reports.
Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) is the future of the communications technology industry. Eighty-six percent of small and medium businesses are actively testing, planning on implementing, or already implemented UCaaS according to Cisco.
Small, medium, and enterprise businesses need to pay attention and transition to this new wave of technology to meet future demands.
Unified communications system
Unified communications systems help increase work productivity through communication integration. Common business communications integrated into one system include calls, messaging, voicemail, web conferencing, and e-mail.
What is UCaaS?
Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) outsources this integration to a third-party vendor and delivers the service over the Internet. This integration technology offers businesses many benefits without breaking the bank. An article authored by Karl Forty, Discover Unified Communications as a Service, highlights the ease of implementing UCaaS in an existing legacy system.
“UCaaS solutions are hosted, which means you are not required to make a significant investment to update your legacy telecommunications infrastructure. They are also flexible, and you can deploy them on-premises, off-premises, or in a hybrid configuration. This flexibility allows IT to configure a UCaaS solution to address your unique needs, and hosted solutions can also be integrated with existing communication technology, allowing you to extend the value of legacy communications infrastructure.”
The importance of cloud
Most providers rely on cloud-based technology. The use of cloud-based technology in other technology upgrades over the years provided businesses with a number of benefits. These benefits are apparent in UCaaS:
- Increased productivity. Remote employees are a popular trend in the business world. Cloud-based UCaaS allows employees to work and communicate with customers, home office, and other remote employees.
- Decreased expenses. Cloud-based technology costs less to implement and maintain over time. The decrease in maintenance directly impacts your ROI.
- Strong disaster recovery plans. Third-party providers are better-equipped to handle and respond to disasters causing communication outages. Lost communication means loss of revenue, customers, and reputation.
- Simplified implementation. Hosted options offers a simplified implementation plan for large businesses – allowing for all locations to go live at one time.
- Centralized management. Administrative tasks like adding and deleting users are managed in one location. This guarantees completed tasks are changed instantly at all locations.
UCaaS boosts streamlined and efficient communication among employees and between customers. With its anticipated growth in the next four years, more businesses will begin to understand its overall benefits. If you utilize cloud-based orservices already, Unified Communications as a Service is a choice that makes sense.